Deterioration in our skin is usually a result of Inflammation. As we age our skin is affected more by low grade inflammation and results in color, texture, and skin laxity changes.
Here are some suggestions for reducing inflammation:
- Reduce Calorie Intake - surprise! By reducing calorie intake by 10% will significantly reduce low grade chronic inflammation in the body. (You will also appreciate the reduction in those fat rolls!)
- Moderate Exercise - surprise again! Try to include cardiopulmonary exercise (e.g. fast walking), flexibility and balance work (e.g. Yoga), and weight workouts (weights or resistance training). Try to work out at least three to four times a week - but remember any amount of exercise is better than none at all!
- Nutrition - balanced diet and here are some suggestions for supplement you might consider:
- Vitamin E: 400-800 mg daily
- Vitamin C: 500 mg daily
- Vitamin D: 1,000 IU daily
- Alpha lipoic acid: 100-200 mgs daily
- CoQ-10: 200 mg daily
- Fish Oil (omega 3 fatty acid): 3000 mg daily